Spent Friday at Hampton Court Garden Festival. A wonderful day with four of my best friends.
The gardens were surprising similar this year with a focus on natural, wildlife planting and very little clean landscaping.
1) Though your EyesLoved the green planting, not so keen on the huge metal head that was the main feature.
2) Stop and Pause GardenThis garden was beautiful with lush planting. Particularly loved the seating area with the circular frame.
3) A Place to MeetThis was one of the few gardens that had very defined hard landscaping. The water feature was actually a plunge pool!
4) Floral MarqueeThis is always the best part of the show, creative displays and the opportunity to buy buy buy. This year the marquee was filled with the aroma of lavender.
5) What did I buy?Three heuchera from Plantagogo – Silver Gum Drop, Peach Flambe and Paris.
Bergonia Luxurians, an exotic from Brazil with umbrella leaves that should grow to two meters. Will have to come in over winter.
Also bought six lily bulbs called Lingerie, very pure white and seller claims that if I plant today they will be flowering in six to ten weeks!
6) Back in my own gardenLast week I was full of cold so didn’t get out into the garden and yesterday I was away for a full fourteen hours on a very hot day. Several plants really suffered due to the heat and my lack of watering. This morning I have thoroughly watered all the pots and hoping most plants will be looking better by tomorrow – fingers crossed for my verbena bonariensis, astrantia and scabiosa.
Join in Six on Saturday, just go to The Propergator’s blog and follow his guide.
2 Replies to “Six on Saturday – Hampton Court Garden Festival”
Your garden looks like a show garden! Fantastic ferns.
Ah thank you. So happy to be part of Six on Saturday.